Saturday, April 21, 2012

atm

Hi, might be stupid qusetion but we are off to Thailnad, Cambodia and vietnam, do they all use the chip and pin system.



cheers



atm


Only the pin.



atm


Tell your bank that you will be using your ATM card in Thailand or you may find a limit or block on its use. There are ATM machines everywhere and you can select English language. A few small banks don%26#39;t accept foreign cards so stick with these: HSBC, Bangkok Bank, Bank of Ayuddya, Siam Commercial, Kasikorn Thai, UOB, Standard Chartered.




Have never informed my bank of travel o%26#39;seas and never had a problem. Having said that I carry a variety of cards in case one gets ';eaten'; by an ATM. I always make a point of using ATMs whilst the bank is open so that the card can be retrieved if not returned





Some people report that their cards do get blocked by their banks for suspicious behaviour so good advise to advise them before travel.





Watch the fees if your card incurs them. They can add up to quite a bit if you use your card often.




Almost all atms accept any card. Very few exceptions.



Best UK card is Nationwide as they don%26#39;t charge a fee, although I find Siam commercial Bank still charges me 30 baht everytime, so I use other atms such as Kasikorn or Military Bank.



As already stated Pin, but not chip.



Don%26#39;t bother telling your bank because although they say they note it, it makes no difference to their security system.



I find I get a stop on my card regularly here, and make sure I have the banks number handy to have a good moan.



They have my address in Thailand but still insist on stopping the cards!!




I agree totally with AndyBkk, I also have problems with my Westpac (Australian) credit/debit card in S.E Asia (especially Malaysia, the credit card cloning capital). And like Andy, even though the bank has noted on my file that I move around certain countries in S.E.Asia, it still gets stopped once in a while. Luckily I deal with a few banks and also have a local account but Westpac have been the main problem bank for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment