Wednesday, April 25, 2012

First trip to Chiang Mai..Please Help..

Hi, I will be leaving to Chiang Mai around 11am on 5 Oct with my mum. Since this is my first trip to Chiang Mai, I really need help!





How much the taxi in THB from Airport to Centara Duangtawan?





We will go to Doi Suthep and followed by Sunday Market at the first day. Second day, we will go to Chiang Rai and Golden triangle. Third day, we will go to Elephant farm and orchid farm. Is the agenda alright? Can I go to Long Neck tribe when i go to Doi Suthep?





I would like to bring my mum to eat great lobster and massage. Any recommendation?





Am I need to book any ground tour before i go or i can book it when i arrive at hotel?





Thanks in advance if someone can answer my question...





Thank you. Thank you.



First trip to Chiang Mai..Please Help..


Hi StarFish Mal.





Not quite sure if Chiang Mai is the place for %26#39;great lobster%26#39; maybe a local could advise. I eat lots of crab when I%26#39;m in Ao Nang (Krabi) or Koh Samui but I never eat seafood up North. Its just me I feel better eating seafood when I know its been caught locally and is pretty fresh.



First trip to Chiang Mai..Please Help..


Taxi from airport to Centara Duangtawan cost 120 baht.





How many people in your group ?? Only you %26amp; mom ?? How old is your mom ? Can she walk well ??





If you come 4 people , I think you%26#39;d better rent the van with driver. They will take you the places you want and send back to hotel or after dinner depends on company and the deal. It%26#39;s a private tour that you can enjoy and spend time as long as you like it.



Can%26#39;t see long neck on the way to Doi Suthep.





If you come only 2 people, you can buy day tour from hotel or shop from Ta Pae Road. There are many tour companies but most of then are the same route.





First day arrive 11 am, check in first, then go to Doi Suthep. In the evening take a long walk and enjoy shopping at Sunday Night Market.





Second Day - The whole day to Chiangrai. It%26#39;s a long drive 3 hours with non-stop. You have to leave early and come back late.





Third day - Elephant camp %26amp; Orchid farm.




Your trip sounds rushed but doable.





You can book your trips when you arrive but you will have to arrange them as soon as you check into your guesthouse or hotel.





We went to the Mae Sa Elephant Farm about 12Ks North of CM and really enjoyed it.





Pics and stories of our trip here ... www.thebobmarsh.com




I went to Chiang Mai earlier this year and we hired a driver for one full day and he took us to where we wanted. We just walked outside our hotel and there%26#39;s several guys just sitting around and ask where you plan to go today. Bargain with them, we got our driver for about $20 US for one day.






Agree with swtamour, you will not have any problems



organising Tours. Most hotels have tour desks also.




Starfish:



You might want to read my report on this forum and the Chiang Rai forum, under ';Broder%26#39;s Trip Report.'; We stayed in Chaing Rai/Golden Triangle, visited the long neck tribe, stayed in Chiang Mai etc.





I do agree with the prior post, that Chaing Mai may not be your best place to eat great lobster. Maybe I%26#39;m just missing something, but we have been there a few times and I have never thought of it aa a place for great seafood.





Have a wonderful trip.



Broder




Hi, everybody. Thanks for all your valuable information. Really appreciated that. I will write a report when i am back. Really feel excited right now. :)




If you want great lobster, you will have to go to Nova Scotia, Canada!!





The seafood around Chiang Mai is not so good - they are farmed prawns and when you see where they are farmed it pretty much turns you off prawns! In the south, the fish are salt water caught and much better, although nothing compared to Canadian caught fish with the colder water! I never did see any lobster advertized.


  • aveeno cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment