Monday, April 23, 2012

Travelling from Trang to Phuket

Hi,





My Husband and I are going to Thailand in March and we wanted to spend a few days in Trang. I know how to get to Trang from Bangkok but I haven%26#39;t figured out how we are going to get from Trang to Phuket.





Originally I was looking at flying from Bangkok to Trang to Phuket with Thai Airways, but they stopped flying in and out of Trang a few years ago. I then looked at going by train but I cannot see a train line that goes from Trang to Phuket. My last idea was to go by bus or privet transfer but I have been unsucessful in locating any information online; I was quoted THB4500 net for a privet van transfer by my hotel but that seems a bit expensive.





I would really apriciate it if anyone could give me any advice as I really want to visit Trang, it looks so peaceful and wonderful for walking, cycling and diving. So far alot of the other posts have been about how to get from Phuket to Trang, not the other way around.





Thank you in advance.





Christina





Travelling from Trang to Phuket


hi christina,







my wife and i are spending a week at amari hotel in trang in three weeks time. we then make our way up to phuket to fly home via singapore so we are going to break up the journey and see some of the islands en route.





we first of all get a ferry from pak meng to an island called koh ngai where we stay a few nights before getting another ferry via ko lanta to phi phi island. after three nights there, we catch the boat to phuket for the last three nights of our holiday.





if you have spare time, thats the way to do it but if not you would have to go by road i would think. when we use these ferries, we spread a towel out on the deck and catch some sun while enjoying a few beers (most of the boats have a small bar).





according to my travel books, there is an air-co bus from trang to phuket which may be a solution.





enjoy your hols.





ian.





Travelling from Trang to Phuket


Dear Christina





Did you find an easier way to get to Phuket from Trang. We are thinking on going there next Feb and dont really want ot have to fly back to bangkok to then fly again to Phuket. The ferry sounds like it could take some time.





Would be grateful to hear,





many thanks





Helen




From Trang to Phuket you can simply take the bus, it may be direct or you %26#39;may%26#39; need to change in krabi Town, but certainly quite easy either way.



An alternative if not on a tight budget is to get a car+driver who will drive you. You can ask any of the staff where you are staying in Trang to arrange for you, it is easily and a frequently used method in Thailand of getting place to place.




Fairly certain it would be a direct bus from Trang to Phuket. Buses arrive in Phuket Town.




Hi,





In the end we arranged a transfer from Trang to Phuket through our Hotel (Amari Trang), it cost us THB 4,500 and took about 4 hours. It was very comfortable, air conditioned and we stopped a few times on the way to get a drink or some fruit etc.





I would recommend it to anyone who loves to drive through beautiful scenery; though Krabi and Phang Nah then into Phuket, it does take up the best part of a day but I think it was probably the best option. I was very glad not to have to get on another plane, we had 5 plane journeys in 2 %26amp; 1/2 weeks, it was nice to just sit back, relax and enjoy the view.




Happy the car+driver option worked out, that is quite reasonable with current fuel prices. Good it worked out and you had an enjoyable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment