Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Good Restaurants on Khoa San road?

Hello, can anyone recommend any good or cool restaurants to try on Khoa San road? I like all types of food.





If so, what do you recommend ordering?





thanks for your help:)



Good Restaurants on Khoa San road?


Soachingcha is probably less than a half kilometer away. Importfood.com has done a wonderful blog on the area, which includes photos of the shops, the dishes, and even a downloadable pdf map.





http://importfood.com/saochingcha_guide.html





I would definitely recommend Radna Yod Pak, probably the best I%26#39;ve ever eaten!





importfood.com/thai_vendors/street_vendor_ra�?/a>



Good Restaurants on Khoa San road?


This map will show you the area%26#39;s location, relative to Khaosan Road.





http://tinyurl.com/3hyqm9




Curt1591...You rock!!!





Thank you for the maps and weblinks. This is so helpful.





The weblink you sent is so detailed, that I feel like I will have no problem flinding these places and ordering something I know I will enjoy. I love how it also has the recipes for the different foods, so you can see what is in a dish.





The map you sent is pretty cool. I did not know about the Siam Nirimit show in Bangkok, until I came across it on your map. I went to the link provided and it looks spectacular. I think I will try to fit this in. It reminds me alot of the cirque du soliel shows here in Vegas. Great entertainment venue!





Thank you very much for your insight!




There are plenty of outstanding places to eat in Banglamphu, the district in which Khao San Road is only an insignificant street. This is a popular part of town, not just for foreign backpackers, but for ';arty'; or bohemian Thais.





Hemlock at 56 Phra Athit Road is very popular, and the neigbouring restaurants also have good menus.





Chot Chitr, on soi Prang Pu Thorn, off Tanao Road, is widely considered one of the best street-food eateries in Bangkok if not in all of Thailand.





There are a number of funky little restaurants on Samsen Road near the Banglamphu canal.





And there%26#39;s a great seafood place on the river near the Pinklao Bridge.





If you don%26#39;t consider yourself very adventurous, the guest houses on Soi Chana Songkhram between Soi Rambutri and Pha Athit Road offer better-than-average somewhat-dumbed-down Thai food, and decent western specialities, although expensive in comparison with Thai places. Try Happy House at #46 and Wild Orchid at #8. It%26#39;s a nice atmosphere on a narrow, quaint lane.




Although it doesn%26#39;t have Cirque%26#39;s ';bizarre'; factor, it%26#39;s definitely up there with some of Vegas%26#39; bigger productions.





Try for a deal from your hotel%26#39;s tour desk. Some will offer it discounted. Also, arrive early so that you can tour the grounds. Outside, they have a Thai village which is quite interesting.




Bill2p:





thank you for the reccomendations. i am glad to see you consider some restaraunts ';outstanding'; in the area. Makes me excited try the food! I will keep your list with me when I am there for reference.





Thanks!!




Curt1591:





thanks again for the great advice. Online it states the price is $50USD to see the show. That seems quite high. So, thanks for recommending I check with my hotel to see if they can offer a discounted price on the show. It looks pretty cool.





We will plan to show up early before the show to check out the village as you suggested.




Don%26#39;t ';expect'; a discounted admission, but it doesn%26#39;t hurt to ask. The 1,500 baht does include a dinner buffet. When negotiating any deal, be sure to keep that in mind.





We went quite a while ago. At that time, I wasn%26#39;t too impressed with the buffet. I have read some people giving it good reviews. Maybe it%26#39;s improved?





Just north of KSR, you might try Riverside Bangkok%26#39;s dinner cruise. It%26#39;s great food (ala carte / cooked to order), and offers great views of Bangkok. Unless you drink yourself silly, you should easily get by under 500 baht PP.





Riverside Bangkok%26#39;s on my map.




HEMLOCK-



I seriously loved this place-



Give Khao san a miss, I cannot state how awful khao san road is- if you wanna feel like an american in disneyland, go there, but if not, head over to phra athit for a more neighbourhood feel to the restaurants.




Oh my Cod has the best British food in BKK.

No comments:

Post a Comment