Thursday, March 29, 2012

Phuket or Bali

Hi all,





Having never been to this part of the world other than a transfer through Singapore Im looking for suggestions.





Im wondering which is better for us, Phuket or Bali? 7 nights.





Two late 20%26#39;s looking for relaxation during the day and shopping and exciting at night.





Was looking at the Movenpick.





Phuket or Bali


I think that both have what you are looking for, but Bali is much nicer than Phuket IMO. I%26#39;ve been to both. While I really like the beaches in Phuket, I especially like the Balinese culture, people, shopping and the overall feel of the island.



Phuket or Bali


Just from checking resort prices, phuket seems a hell of a lot cheaper than Bali.





It seems to be the winner currently but following more advice and depending on the price of flights, I will see some more.




hey there.





we were thinking the same thing and after asking friends who have been to both.. all said thailand.





cheak air asia for flights.I found them very cheap.





Bali is very dirty compared to thailand from what I heard.





Good luck!





tams




Im going into travel agent today and will get prices on flights at least.





This is a travel agent my mother uses for going to Australia from Ireland 5 times a year. I used them 7 years ago for the trip to Australia. Im going from Ireland through the UK to Perth and back to Phuket/Bali and then back through the UK to Ireland. Difficult flights to find without the assistance of those fancy computer systems. You can only check multistop with main carriers. Singapore Air shows Ireland straight to Perth and back but will not show Ireland if you select multistop so after a late night, I gave up rang my mother and got the agents name. I will ask the pro%26#39;s.





I am told to get some brochures so my mother can help me choose a trip. Im 27 F.F.S.





FYI, Im going to spend around 10 days in Perth, Freemantle and Margaret River and about 7 days in Phuket. My Sis lives in Perth so free bed and board.




Well whatever you go with enjoy your trip!!



also just wanted to mention the movenpic that you mentioned is suppoused to be unreal my mate went there for her honeymoon and loved it. bit pricey but search around for prices on asia rooms and you should be able to get a deal.. even on the movenpic site itself is usaully less then what travel agents charge you.





Good luck and Enjoy your trip around!!





tams.




Thank you.





Movenpick is about the same as the online agents. Online agent was at best �80 cheaper in total.





Flights are crippling us by what the travel agent just gave me so I might have to re-evaluate my plans.





Flights from Ireland to Perth stopping off in Phuket on the return are �3860 for two adults.




hi there,



having done both I most definately say Phuket rather than bali and as for your air ticket price I would suggest looking around.My friends leave this week from Perth to Dublin+return air fair in three weeks they are flying with Thai airways at a cost of $1750-00 australian each thats a bit less than half price of your quote,not sure who they fly with from London to Dublin but it must be worth checking it out.';All that extra spending money';best of luck




forgot to tell you on your return flight the plane will stop of at phuket so you could work your stay around that




We have decided on Phuket in the end. No choice really as Silkair are now booked.





We will stay in Patong beach in the Deevana Resort in their only executive room for 7 nights.





very excited.




Hey there Bertie--no relation to the big man i presume--lol---have you looked at flying with Etihad direct from Dublin---they will route you via Abu Dhabi--then onwards to Australia--means you dont have to go near the dreaded Heathrow at all. They also have partner airlines for your other flights--eg the phuket connection etc--just ring them and they will sort your routing for you--check them out online for tel number etc

No comments:

Post a Comment