Sunday, March 25, 2012

Buying camera equipment in Bangkok?

I am considering buying a new lens for my Canon DSLR Camera (Tamron 18-250mm).





I will be visiting Bangkok in March . . . . should I buy in the UK before my holiday or would anybody recommend I wait until I get to Bangkok (or possibly Dubai Airport Duty Free)?





Any recommendations welcome



Buying camera equipment in Bangkok?


I would recommend you buy in the UK. I recently researched prices for a specific Canon camera. Will wait till I get to Europe in summer as the camera will be cheaper there. Imports tend to be expensive in Thailand.



Dubai Airport? I have doubts that you will get a lens. A camera yes.



Buying camera equipment in Bangkok?


Thanks for the feedback jemima





I will have to consider my options here in the UK, I was really hoping for it to be cheaper in Bangkok . . . not to worry.





Thanks again





UKHolidaydude




The cheapest place to buy cameras and accessories is on ebay, particularly Hong Kong merchants, however I recently purchased a lens and speedlight (Nikon) in Bangkok and saved $300 on what I would pay in Aus.




Nope, cheaper on line in UK then in BKK or at duty free. Sorry to disappoint you. Or I should say, all my equipment i could get cheaper on line then in BKK, even with the VAT refund.





If you are looking to buy it in BKK there are three main areas but Pantip is probably the closest for you. Third / fourth floor have most the camera places if I%26#39;m not mistaken.










Pantip is a good place to buy. There are some camera shops in china town..specific for their brands.




Thanks for all your comments %26amp; advice





With respect to ebay shops in Hong Kong . . . as a first time buyer on ebay I was seriously let down by this route. I ordered the lens in November for Christmas. The shop (Dzone2) showed 7 in stock at a good price including high postage (%26amp; consideration for possible duty + VAT bill on delivery)so I went for it.





Billed for the item back in November (£210), eventually gave up %26amp; took a refund a couple of weeks ago as the shop did not have stock %26amp; commented it could not get stock? . . . a complete waste of my time %26amp; I think a bit of a scam.





I am not sure if I have failth in these HK store now although their prices are very tempting? This particular lens is £399 in UK Shops, now £280 UK Internet %26amp; £210 (without duty/vat) HK internet.




Try T Dimension. I have bought thousands of dollars worth of equipment from them over the last few years and have never had or heard of a problem. Plus they have double the warranty of most others.




Thanks for the tip %26#39;coffs%26#39;





I almost went for this company back in November, I think I will give them try %26amp; will keep this thread informed of my experience.





Thanks again




Regarding ebay purchases, never buy from a seller whom has below 99%. I really don%26#39;t trust hong kong shops either. Once got ripped off from a bootleg copy dvd, naturally put a claim through paypal and received full refund. Im sure there is some great info guides on ebay of what to look out for regarding legitimate equipment and whom to buy from, even checkout the community forums. Its always best to take caution when shopping on ebay.




Found some related guides from ebay:





…ebay.com.au/buy/�?/a>



…ebay.com.au/Beginners-guide-to-buying-a-DSL�?/a>





and direct link for search engine for all guides:



reviews.ebay.com.au/ebay-buying-guides/

No comments:

Post a Comment