Thursday, March 29, 2012

Le Meridien Room Booking

After extensive looking I have settled on the Le Meridien Resort for our holiday in November, we shall be staying for 10 nights and I can%26#39;t wait to go!





However I am a little confused about deciding which room to book and who with.





On the official site they only have 3 room choices:





Deluxe Pool View



Deluxe Garden View



Villas





However on asiarooms.com as recommended in a few posts there are about 14 choices!





The official site is cheaper, but what will I be getting for that room amongst all the options?





I%26#39;m pretty fussy and I want a nice spacious room preferably away from too much noise, can anyone help me decide!





Thanks in advance



Jonny



Le Meridien Room Booking


Hi Jonny,



Yes it can leave you confused.



There are two seperate wings the Family section and the nice and quiet Le Spa Pool section.Then you have the lagoon villas overlooking the lake with black swans and then the villas at the beach.





Deluxe Garden View are ground floor rooms.Some people complain that they were damaged in the Tsunami and can be musty smelling and prone to a bit of damp. Also you have a garden setting and quite a bit of foliage which can make these rooms seem a bit dark and gloomy.





Deluxe Pool View are on the higher floors and allways my choice of room at this hotel.I allways request and they allways oblige Top floor which is 3rrd floor overlooking the Le Spa Pool and sea faceing. It is lovely and quiet and peacefull. The rooms are large with plenty of space and you have a great bathroom. The Le Spa Pool is an adult only pool so no noisy children. Most of the time it is deserted.





If you want to spend a bit more than the lagoon villas are lovely but as i do not plan on spending much time in my room i find what i book is a lovely choice. The villas are quite a bit more and then you have the beach villas.





It is a fabulous hotel and the staff are lovely and friendly. They take great pride in their 5 star award and it shows. I hope this helps you.





Julie



Le Meridien Room Booking


Thanks Julie, I have booked a deluxe room and asked them for a 3rd floor overlooking the le spa pool.





Really appreciate your help on this.





One more thing if you know the answer, are there any flights direct between Phuket and Langkawi? I cannot find any, the best option I have found is Air Asia via KL.





Thanks again



Jonny




From where you have made the booking asiarooms or directly thru le meridien site?




Direct with meridien it was cheaper that way.




I have tried online booking at LM but it turned out that asiarooms had better quote. Maybe I should contact them via e/mail but I dont have it. Maybe you do?




What type of room are you looking for?





To contact them direct, email them at Reservations.Khaolak@lemeridien.com





Julie, I asked for 3rd floor at Le Spa pool and sea facing and this is whta they replied:





';Moreover, we are writing to inform you that we taken note as you��re required for 3rd floor deluxe room overlooking the le spa pool, however please note that our deluxe rooms have not any sea facing.';





Is this correct because you mentioned sea facing?





Thanks again.




Hello Jonny,



Yes there are some sea facing rooms allthough you can not see the sea but you get a lovely sunset. Anyroom near to 365.They do not allways understand english and might misunderstand what you are asking for .they might have misunderstood sea facing for sea view which would then be correct as you do not have a sea view.



What you do get is a lovely view of the LeSpa Pool and it is nice in an evening to sit on the balcony enjoy a G%26amp; T and watch the sunset.



Dont worry about it as it will now be noted on your booking for when they allocate the room. I also like this top floor as then you have nobody above you so it is quiet and peacefull.





Julie






Jonn thnx for the tip, I have sent them my inquiry and now wait and see what happens.





Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment