Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Need to show passports on Air Asia flights?

Hi,

I booked some internal Air Asia flights in Thailand online for all of us ( family of five) a few months ago.

As part of the booking process I had to register all our passport numbers.

Since booking the flights, two of my children%26#39;s passports expired and they were issued with new passports with different numbers.

My question is - does Air Asia check passports as part of the boarding process on internal flights? Will we need to bring the old expired passports with us, as well as our current ones?

Obviously I have the booking details with the reservation number, but I don%26#39;t know if this will be sufficient.

Can any of you experienced Air Asia travellers help?

Thanks.

Need to show passports on Air Asia flights?

All airlines are require to verify their passengers. With foreigners, because one is required to carry it, passports are typically the means they use. Since the old passport was used for the booking, and the new passport has a new number, I would bring both.

Believe me, you don%26#39;t want to tangle with a Thai bureaucracy!

Need to show passports on Air Asia flights?

When we booked our flight from Australia to Kuala Lumpur, our daughters old passport was first used when booking and now we have a new passport. We had to ring Airasia in KL and tell them the new passport number and then we had to either fax or email a copy of the old and the new passport page where there face is on it. Then after faxing we had to ring KL again, just to make sure they changed their screens.

If you%26#39;re stressing about it, it might be better to ring them and ask what to do and do it ASAP, so there is no problem at the airport.

From the start to finish of what I had to do, took me about 30 minutes. It seems like a pain, but now I don%26#39;t have to stress about it.

But not sure for internal flights.


Thank you both for your advice.

Seems like the simplest thing will be to carry the old passports with us.


From the AA website.........

My passport has expired and I have new passport number / passport details now. How do I change?

Answer :

If you have booked using your old passport details which has now expired, please contact our call centre for assistance on updating the booking with your new passport details. Alternatively, you can also visit our nearest sales office/airport sales counter to update your booking.

I would try to do this via email as you can be on hold for quite awhile trying to get through. Even with email allow a few days as that is how long our response took.

Good Luck,

  • database
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment