Thursday, April 19, 2012

Awful weather here now

I arrived in Phuket on Saturday and it has been raining every day since!

My first purchase here was a big umbrella! I never saw so much rain in Thailand before. I really feel sorry for anyone on holidays here with chilren...they%26#39;d be bored silly!

Patong beach was literally deserted at 3.00pm today...not even a soi dog!

Feels just like dear old Ireland really!!

Joe

Awful weather here now

It was beautiful and sunny in Melbourne today... I am happy to swap... just say the word.

Awful weather here now

I assume you are sitting at Summer Breeze now having a beer.


Hi Joe,

I know how you feel nothing worse than when it rains.Also when it rains you end up spending more money than you actually want to. Anyway i hope the weather picks up for you. I have been looking forward to your JBR%26#39;s as you go along.

Julie


Hi Joe

How disappointing, will keep fingers %26amp; toes X%26#39;d that the weather improves for you, I%26#39;m hanging for some new photos. A work colleague who left Phuket Monday night, said that it was really overcast while they were there and quite miserable the last few days, (also very quiet). Like Julie, I%26#39;ll definitely be looking for your regular updates. Keep smiling.

Lee x


Me too Joe, looking forward to reading some funny snippets from you. Sue


Funnily enough, it%26#39;s raining here in Dublin AND IT%26#39;S COLD!

Joe, stop complaining, you could be here! Luckily, I%26#39;ll be there next week, and I don%26#39;t care how much it rains, %26#39;cos it will be HOT.


I thought I was in Tesco Lotus, Phuket, yesterday instead of Tesco, Blackpool. Sky went black, the heavens opened and you couldn%26#39;t see anything through the blanket of rain. Within 5 minutes the car park and 50 metres INTO the store was under 5cm of water. The cafe had to be evacuated and staff all issued with brushes to try and push water out again.

Quick witted manager brought out bathing costumes, umbrellas and wellington boots as ';Today%26#39;s Specials';.:))

Hope it improves for you over there Joe and quickly.


Mr Mor has always told me that September is the month when it really, really rains. We were lucky last month, I think, as not much rain while we were there. At least it%26#39;s warm rain, I suppose! Hope it clears soon and you get some rays Joe.


sorry to hear about the weather joe aparrently some houses have collapsed up in the hills due to landslides ( make mental note-- never buy a house in phuket just rent one instead)--

i dare say you will find a b/g to keep you warm though!

have a look around the banzann supermarket joe its quite interesting ( out of summer breeze and turn right)

and a few drinks on nanai road nearby too can be good

hope it clears up soon joe

andy


September is the wettest month in Phuket so has to be expected, sure you will find something to do !

Flooding etc has always been the case, unfortuately if you go in the rainy season you need to expect rain.

If this time of year you want beach with little rain you need to choose different places in Thailand like Hua Hin or Cha Am. Samui has about half etc etc

  • chi hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment