Thursday, April 19, 2012

Any recent experience with China Air?

Hello everyone,











I am flying with China Air LAX to BKK connection via TPE. Any recent experiences with these airlines?











Thanks everyone in advance





Any recent experience with China Air?


I used them a lot in the past. I like the schedule a lot! I prefer to land in a foreign country during the daytime, it makes transportation and hotels simple. Besides, you pay for a full night in a hotel anyway! China Airlines will probably land in Bangkok between noon and 4 PM. When I used to fly home the flight would leave Bangkok around 2PM to 4PM - this allowed you to sleep in late in the hotel.





I use NWA now and hate the late midnight arrival time in Bangkok - but I get a lot of free bonus miles with my gold or platinum card plus free upgrades! I do hate getting up real early at home to make my connections and I hate getting up real early in Bangkok to fly back to the U.S. but I like my free miles and free upgrades!





You should be okay.



Any recent experience with China Air?


Another advantage of landing at BKK during the day hours is that you can also take a cheaper Airport Express bus if you want. The Airport Express Bus is 150 baht per passenger. Leaves from the airport terminal. However, 2 people sharing a meter taxi will be around the same price.





You can also take the even cheaper city bus (35 baht) from the little bus station at the airport. You have to take the free shuttle to get to the transportation center bus station. Both buses will take around twice as long as the meter taxi. (No express bus after midnight - darn it!)




thank you




I flew China Airlines to Bangkok last year (from Seoul) and thought they were terrific. They have a reputation for being one of Asia%26#39;s best-kept secrets. I can see why. The seats were among the roomiest and most comfortable I%26#39;ve found in economy class. The food was pretty decent, considering it%26#39;s airplane food. Good service. The Taipei airport%26#39;s kind of a dump (well, the old terminal is) but if you spend your time in the new terminal it%26#39;s not so bad. Just camp out at Starbucks until it%26#39;s time to go. The recent safety issues on CAL seem more to do with the model of 737 they were using. Other airlines had similar problems around the same time. All in all I%26#39;d say they%26#39;re a good carrier and you ought to have a decent flight if mine was indicative. :)




I%26#39;ve flown from N/Y to China on China airlines last year .Going again to Bankok end of this year(Nov). Was going in January next year but the price is over $350 higher because of the Chinese New Year.They were one of the best Airlines. Air NZ is the best, (seats in the industry) Only one problem When we landed in NY They photographed %26amp; fingerprinted every chinese who were on board It took hours to get through immigration. PS I could fly Koarean Air %26amp; save $600 in Jan but China airlines is worth the extra ,Reason they are in Star Alliance so I get Flyer miles with them.




My wife and I flew them round trip last year from Atlanta through Taipei and I was pleasantly surprised with their nice 747%26#39;s and quality of service. I won%26#39;t hesitate flying with them again if the schedule and price is right. Arriving in Bangkok in the early afternoon is way much better than midnight. Their safety reputation suffers but that may or may not be statistically supported, I don%26#39;t know.





They are definitely part of the picture for us in the future if everything stays status quo.





Regards,



Martian




I gave some misinformation in my last post .I flew Air China not China Air. Am like you flying with C/A in Nov for the first time. also Ive lost my flyer miles as they are not associated with Air Alliance.I;m suprised they allow two air lines with just about the same names. Quite confusing %26amp; costly on flyer miles for me.




I just got back from thailand and I try to always fly China air,(SFO) older 747 with no individual TVs but since it leaves around midnight and you stay up all day it is easy to sleep, you get to Taipei around 500am and have enough time for some coffee $4 and a pastry $3, you can pay in US$, get on another flight to BKK sometimes its another older 747 or could be a newer airbus with individual TVs, and get into BKK around 1230 , perfect for any connecting flights or just right to check into your hotel in BKK United and Nippon both leave in the morninig and get to BKK at about midnight leaving you there to wait till morning to do anything, on the way back same thing United and Nippon leave BKK early in the morning too early to get a flight to BKK so you have to go the day before and China air leaves about 500pm so easy to get to BKK the same day gets back to US early eavening, and if you book directly with China air you will get a good price , mine 3-14 4-1 RT $940, food is 1 chin ese entree 1 semi western entree but OK, callao




Hi





I%26#39;ve used this airline several times with business trips via Asia. And you can only take as you find, but I%26#39;ve found them to be quite excellent. Literally everytrip with them I%26#39;ve been over my baggage limit (by at least 8kg_ and they%26#39;ve never charged me. Their staff have been polite and their prices are competitive.





Regards





Natalie




I have flown this Airlines about 6 times and their schedule is excellent. Their service is pretty good, I find JAL better for that but due to China%26#39;s schedule I currently only use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment