Sunday, April 15, 2012

Jetstar airlines

Just would like some help from someone who has flown Jetstar. Thinking of flying with them next year to save a few dolllars.





Do you have to purchase your food, video, blankets etc now or can you do it on board.





Also what is the leg room like, husband about 6 foot tall.





thanks for any help





Much appreciated. Not sure whether to fly Jetstar or go with Thai airlines again. I have heard good feedback from Jetstar.



Jetstar airlines


Flew with jetstar last year, Purchased on line food, video, and blanket.



would not bother with food, price too dear, bring a snack on with you or have a meal at Air Port, Video did not think much of selection, got it about an hour into flight and it is collected an hour before landing even if you are in the middle of watching something. blanket good on night flight.



much cheaper than Thai air ways, All depends on what you want, save money to spend on holiday.



Leg room is same on both Air Lines.



Hervey



Jetstar airlines


As already mentioned the selection for the video is limited. As with all airlines electronic equipment must be turned off during take off and landing.





Plane food is never that great but it does help pass the time.





Leg space can be increased by spending an extra $60/person and getting an emergency exit seat.





Overall for the cost saving and the reletively short flight (compared to Europe or USA) Jetstar is pretty good. Spend the savings on shopping and massages!




Sorry I should have mentioned that food can be purchsed when you buy the ticket or when you%26#39;re on board. Drinks (non-alcoholic) are included if you purchase before you fly. Video numbers are limited so might pay to purchase when you buy the ticket.




I have travelled with Jetstar (Melbourne to Bangkok) twice and I have found the leg room fine. My boyfriend who is just over 6 foot found the flight fine as well. The return flight was over night so no meals were needed as we had dinner before departure. I found it good enough that I%26#39;m traveling with them again at the end of the year. I think (but don%26#39;t quote me) it is cheaper to prebook the food, video and blankets than to just buy it on the flight. For the price of the flight it%26#39;s great. I know i%26#39;d rather my $600 return trip to bangkok rather than one for $1000 plus.




We flew Jetstar last October and found them to be really good (well as good as flying can be :))



Staff were very helpful and friendly especially if travelling with children.



We pre purchased our food online, took our own portable dvds and bought the blankets (comfort pack) on board on the way home as it was a night flight. If you have children they are given the comfort packs for free. Next time I would not pre purchase food on the return flight as it%26#39;s a night flight and mine and the childrens were wasted.



I would definitely fly with them again.



Rene




Kaney,





I have travelled with Jetstar many times - there isn%26#39;t much choice from Darwin!





I have found them good. The price is right and you can use your Qantas Club.





I have a small fleece blanket which I take on flights and just take my iPod. If I%26#39;m with the kids we take a DVD player. Eat at the airport before your flight or in the Qantas Club and then you can enjoy all of the savings you have made.





Lou




I flew Jetstar from Melb to Sydney Sydney to Phuket last Oct Nov , first and last time for me!!! I got to Avalon an hour early and to be told that my flight to Sydney was cancelled,they then said you have to go to Tullamarine to catch a Qantas flight to Sydney but you have to make your own way there 100 bucks in a taxi (lucky for me a guy drove me to the airport for free). Anyway finally got to Sydney and Qantas lost my luggage after looking for it I got to the check in and I told the lady what had happened, All I got from her was you are lucky to get on the plane as we are about to close for boarding (No Sorry for the inconvience I said it%26#39;s not my fault it%26#39;s yours, anyway I got my luggage a day later in Phuket, and on the way home the plane back to Melb was 4 hrs late leaving Sydney!!!



Will not fly Jetsar again unless I%26#39;m desperate!!!



For Melb people here don%26#39;t fly from Avalon if you use Jetstar because if they cancel you have to go to Tullamarine to catch another flight!!




We flew ex Melb(tulla) to Bangkok for $600 return in June this year. Previously we flew Thai Airways for $1150 and $950 for kids and it was one of the worst flights I have taken...no service no nothing!!!



Might have just been unlucky this flight but I said never again unless really cheap





For the amount of money you save I would give Jetstar a go. Book your food and DVD before you go and you are guaranteed to get one. Sometimes the meals run out if you haven%26#39;t booked and also they run out of DVD players (which are both cheaper to prebook).




We have used Jetstar on Domestic flights and they have been fine. However we are booked to fly with them this November and had a call yesterday to tell us that our return flight has been cancelled and gave us very limited options to change. Given that we have already booked and paid for accomodation and we booked the flights 3 months ago i am very annoyed and trying to find an alternative flight! Not a great start JET STAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment