Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Has anyone stayed at Sawasdee Khaosan?

I am looking for anyone who has stayed at the Sawasdee Khaosan and can give me an idea if it is clean(ish) and quiet. Also what is the difference between the room types? I cannot find any reviews online. Otherwise if anyone knows of any good hotels in the Khao San area for around 900 Baht a night (with aircon) please let me know!



Has anyone stayed at Sawasdee Khaosan?


Hi! I have stayed there on two separate trips to Bangkok, and it is just fine. The ';deulxe'; rooms are much bigger than the regular rooms, and that%26#39;s about the only difference. The hotel is clean (but run down) and fairly quiet, considering it is in the Khao San area. It%26#39;s actually about one block down from the end of Khao San Road, so you don%26#39;t get the drunks stumpling by and screaming all night long. The staff is not totally rude, but not exactly sunshiney and polite either. If you take the airport bus (#1, I think) it literally stops outside the door of the hotel.





If you want to stay on Khao San, I think this is a great choice. It%26#39;s not glamorous by any stretch, but it is well worth the money.



Has anyone stayed at Sawasdee Khaosan?


I stayed there once it%26#39;s good and the airport bus stops outside.




One of the better budget places on Khaosan is Khaosan Palace.It is only about 2 years old and the rooms are spotless for B450 for a double bed and tv with fan,Aircon rooms are around B750.





It has a moneychanger and internet service at the front.




I stayed at Sawadee Khaosan inn at bangkok from 21st to 23rd of Sept 2008. I am not sure you are looking for any accomodation in Khaosan road or intend to stay at Sawadee Khaosan inn. Plenty of budget accomodation at Khasan road.





I booked this accomodation from Sawadee Seaview of Pattaya which is chain hotel. When I checked in at room, I realised that direct walk in rate was cheaper than advanced booking from another chain hotel. No lift. Everytime I need something, needed to go down to see reception. How cruel to customer who made the advance booking?





The location is nice. Airport express bus is just outside of the hotel. Room is relatively clean and tile and wall color is good looking. Bath room is so small and toilet water flow was weak.





My nightmare came true on 22nd of Sept. I went to tour the Ayudara. When I came back, there was no cleaning inside my room. No drinking water, shampoo, bath foam were replaced. I have to go down to reception and have to ask for many time. Their excuse is guest to request the house keeping for cleaning before 1 o%26#39;clock at noon. If someone does not display the ';make up the room';, he or she will get the unwanted consequence like me.







I never have the experience in Thai except this one. Their system is so inconvenient. It is not hotel.It is better called as youth hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment