Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Phi Phi Island & Phang Nga Bay (James Bond Island) Tours???

My friend and I will be in Phuket for 4 days and our itinerary is as follows:

Day 1 - explore Phuket, book our tours, do a bit of R %26amp; R then check out the Simon Cabaret at night.

Day 2 - more exploring/sight seeing, maybe some shopping and then check out Phuket Fantasea show at night.

Day 3 - Phang Nga Bay (James Bond Island) day tour

Day 4 - Phi Phi Island day tour

My question now is... which one%26#39;s better? I%26#39;m not sure if my friend and I can handle being on a boat two days in a row and we%26#39;d like to choose the best of the two. But then again, if we skip that... we%26#39;ll have too much free time left.

Question about the boats too...

I know what a speed boat is and what a long-tail boat but what is an express boat? I%26#39;ve seen different brochures using those jargon.

Is it also better for us to book when we get there or book from home? We%26#39;ll be going during November and I understand this is the peak season. Just wanted to ensure we get ';seats';.

Phew...that was a mouthful... I just want to make sure I covered everything. Sorry about all the questions.

Thanks guys

Phi Phi Island %26amp; Phang Nga Bay (James Bond Island) Tours???

Hi Coolitz,

My Hubbie and I are going in November aswell and have already booked our trip to the Phi Phi islands with Simbaseatrips.com. They have great reviews and only take up to 20 passengers-might be worth a look.

I think alot of other tour operators pack them in like sardines and go when its busiest!!

Apparently they supply snorkelling gear etc.,though we take our own - anyway bet you can%26#39;t wait, we are counting the weeks

Phi Phi Island %26amp; Phang Nga Bay (James Bond Island) Tours???

Check the schedule with Simba Sea Trips for the speedboat trips to both Phi Phi and Phang Nga, and book them asap. They dont carry many passengers. I booked mine months ahead. HaHa.

You dont have to do both in 2 days in a row, you can split them up.


Hello.

I much prefer the Phi Phi trip .PhangNga i have done James Bond Island twice and found it quite boring each time.The highlight of my holiday has been the PHiPhi island and sunset tour on the sailing boat the Songthai hosted by Richard and Megumi you will find details ie info pictures and reviews on their website at www.phuket-scuba-diving.com

Julie


We did both these trips two weeks ago. One with a speedboat,15 people, and the other with 75+ people. When booking ask the max capacity of the speedboat and the number of engines.

The bigger speedboat, normally 4 engines will probably be a little cheaper, but it is not personal and you are packed in like sardines. It takes nearly 10 minutes to get off and on the boat.

We went with Simba which was fantastic. They only take +- 15 people and it is so personable. Jenny and the crew were fantastic. You get value money with Simba!

I would recommend not doing the boat trips 2 days in a row, but on day 2 and 4. You will appreciate the scenery much more after a rest day from the sea. Do both if you can afford it and have the time, you will not be dissappointed!


So is it also better for us to book when we get there or book from home? We%26#39;ll be going during November and I understand this is the peak season. Just wanted to ensure we get ';seats';.

But at the same time, we figured if we booked over there... we%26#39;d be able to get a bargain.

Can anyone recommend a travel agent/tour operator in Patong?

Also, does anyone have information on the gun-shooting activities there?

Cheers


Best to book before you go to guarantee your places otherwise you may be disappointed. You can e-mail Simba direct like we did - you pay nothing untill the day of the trip when they pick you up from the hotel. When you e-mail - they want details of when you arrive in Phuket, hotel etc.,

Good luck and happy holiday

  • software
  • 1 comment:

    1. I love Phi-Phi, I love white beaches and crystal clear waters.
      I would like to suggest Yacht Charters Phuket.

      ReplyDelete