Tuesday, April 17, 2012

EVA Air Honeymoon upgrade from Elite to PL?

Has anyone had any luck with upgrading with a marriage certificate on EVA air?

I have already paid for Elite between London and Bangkok, however I would like to give Premium Laurel a go this time. Does playing the marriage card ever work?

Also has anyone had similar luck getting into the Premium Laurel Lounge at LHR or BKK with an Elite reservation and the marriage certificate?

Thanks,

Mike

EVA Air Honeymoon upgrade from Elite to PL?

I would avoid getting married and just pay extra for the PL, trust me, will be cheaper in the long run! ;)

EVA Air Honeymoon upgrade from Elite to PL?

Mike

We are about to do the same thing - honeymoon London to Bangkok.

Did you have any success with the wedding cert?

Thanks

Ewan


I wouldn%26#39;t hold my breath, they do not seem to have to much trouble selling these expensive seats so unlikely they will oblige you, they are far more likely to oblige a frequent flier with them.


Euwan,

I am afraid that although I tried all of my usually very persuasive charms I could get no special treatment despite having the certificate, rings and even the wife with me ;-)

To be honest we didn’t even get a grin or congratulations. Thankfully this was quickly forgotten once we got to Thailand and Vietnam as all of the hotels made a real fuss over us, with the best being the Sala Samui and the worst being one of the most expensive of the honeymoon the Six Senses Hideaway also in Samui who did absolutely nothing despite requesting via Trialfinders and two direct emails emails and a phone call before we arrived asking them to ensure they gave us the honeymoon treatment.

My advice would be to let the hotel or hotels know ahead of your trip that you are there on honeymoon as all of the hotels on our trip made a fuss of us, with the exception of the killjoys at the Six Senses. BTW this approach also worked a treat for our wedding anniversary recently.

Let me know if you need any tips of Thailand if it is your first time.

Whatever you do have a great wedding day, enjoy every minute of it as it will disappear!

  • lipstick shades
  • long hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment