Thursday, April 19, 2012

Paying deposit [transferring money] for hotel, is it safe?

I read some recommendations for the Viking Natures Resort on Phi Phi and decided l%26#39;d like to stay there. I emailed the hotel and they replied saying no problem and that l can give them a deposit to secure a room [which l definitely want to do as it%26#39;s over New Year].





They have given me a Swift Code [Bank of Ayudthaya] the account number and the account name. It is only £40 but l am wondering the best - and safest way to pay. Obviously credit card would be covered but for the amount of money it is l thought a bank transfer would probably be cheaper. Does this sound legit? I have no reason not to trust them l have no experience in this kind of thing so want to be careful!





Thanks



Paying deposit [transferring money] for hotel, is it safe?


We are travelling to Koh Tao , for the first time in Feb , ive just booked my hotel which could only be done direct. I was having such a trauma! I dont like doing things that i feel out of my depth with, its wrong to feel suspicios but in this day and age! So i went ahead and secured my room with a visa card (to secure me!). The hotel emailed back and it was all fine!! I would suggest booking with a visa , even if it is only a small amount. good luck! x



Paying deposit [transferring money] for hotel, is it safe?


I would think a credit card payment would be cheaper than a bank transfer, and you would be covered. If they don%26#39;t take credit cards then you should be Ok transferreing the money. While there have been some scams, they are actually quite rare. Make sure they tell you in writing that they have received your payment.

No comments:

Post a Comment